Frequently Asked Questions
Is GridWay and DRM4G's source code available?
- Yes, you can download it from ?here.
How can I compile it?
- Yes, you can follow the instructions detailed here.
Can I submit MPI jobs by using DRM4G?
- Yes, there are two variables: NP and PPN which help you to do that.
- You can find an example of how to do it here.
How many jobs can I submit?
- You can submit 200,000 jobs.
Pip won't install drm4g
- Try updating pip:
sudo pip install --upgrade pip
- And remember that if you're not adding any installation options or doing it in a virtual environment you need to run sudo pip install drm4g.
When installing with pip, I get a SNIMissingWarning or InsecurePlatformWarning
- The problems you're having are related with your versions of python and your virtual environment. They can be ignored since they don't affect the installation process.
- One solution for solving the SNIMissingWarning and InsecurePlatformWarning warnings is to upgrade to a more recent version of Python.
- If for any reason you are not able to upgrade, you can also run pip install 'requests[security]' as explained ?here.
When running drm4g start this error occurs:
Error! Lock file $DRM4G_DIR/.drm4g/var/.lock exists.
- Running drm4g stop before starting DRM4G should resolve the issue.
- This happens when DRM4G hasn't been properly closed.