Frequently Asked Questions
Is GridWay and DRM4G's source code available?
- Yes, you can download it from ?here.
How can I compile it?
- Yes, you can follow the instructions detailed here.
Can I submit MPI jobs by using DRM4G?
- Yes, there are two variables: NP and PPN which help you to do that.
- You can find an example of how to do it here.
How many jobs can I submit?
- You can submit up to 200,000 jobs.
Pip won't install drm4g
- Try updating pip:
sudo pip install --upgrade pip
- And remember that if you're not adding any installation options or doing it in a virtual environment you need to run sudo pip install drm4g.
When installing with pip, I get a "SNIMissingWarning" or "InsecurePlatformWarning"
- The problems you're having are related with your versions of python and your virtual environment. They can be ignored since they don't affect the installation process.
- One solution for solving the "SNIMissingWarning" and "InsecurePlatformWarning" warnings is to upgrade to a more recent version of Python.
- If for any reason you are not able to upgrade, you can also run pip install 'requests[security]' as explained ?here.
Why are my jobs failing?
- While the subject of the page in which it is written may not interest you, this section explains how to check the events and messages that the DRM4G records while running.
- If the DRM4G isn't causing any troubles and you just want o check why a specific job has failed, just read the segment titled "Via the job's logs"
When running drm4g start this error occurs:
Error! Lock file $DRM4G_DIR/.drm4g/var/.lock exists.
- Running drm4g stop before starting DRM4G should resolve the issue.
- This happens when DRM4G hasn't been properly closed.