The latest versions (stable and/or devel) can be installed directly from ?gitHub, but please note that the R package ?devtools must be installed first to ease the installation process.
Latest stable release 3.3-0 (29 Apr 2015)
?See what's new
To obtain the latest stable release of the ecomsUDG.Raccess package, it is recommended to use the devtools utility to install packages from Github. First check that devtools is installed on your system, otherwise install it by typing:
if (!require("devtools")) install.packages("devtools")
Then, the ecomsUDG.Raccess package and associated dependencies are installed by entering (it is important to preserve the ordering of the arguments):
If attempting the installation from a proxy server and getting an error, please ?try this.
- version 2.2-6 (27 Jan 2015)
- Bug fix in the retrieval of forecast dates beyond the last year of the runtime axis (Reported by Wietse Franssen)
- Enhancement in System4 deaccumulation of precipitation for lead month 0 queries. First day preserved for consistency with non-deaccumulated variables (Suggested by Kathryn Nicklin).
- Documentation update
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements
- version 2.2-5 (06 Sep 2014)
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements proposed by the participants during the practical sessions of the ?SPECS Hands-on Training School on Seasonal Forecasting and Downscaling.
- version 2.2-4 (06 Sep 2014)
- Internal changes in imports for compatibility with the new downscaleR version 0.4-x
- version 2.2-3 (18 Aug 2014)
- Bug fix for 1-dimensional output data queries (i.e. time series at single point locations, without members)
- version 2.2-2 (18 Aug 2014)
- New global attributes in output (thanks to Stefan Siegert for this suggestion):
- dataset: Name of the dataset returned (e.g. "System4_seasonal_15", "NCEP", etc.)
- source: Name of the dataset
- URL: URL of the data portal
- Consistent ordering of array dimensions: The output n-dimensional array now preserves the canonical ordering of its dimensions: (member, time, level, lat, lon) (thanks to Stefan Siegert for this suggestion)
- New daily aggregation options: minimum and maximum daily data are now returned when using the time = "DD" option for the relevant variables (e.g. "tasmin", "tasmax" ...).
- version 2.2-1 (05 Aug 2014)
- Minor enhancements:
- Improved on screen error messages with clearer instructions for error fixing
- The 'runtime' dimension in CFSv2 output data array has been changed to 'member' for better integration with other downscaleR objects and methods.
- version 2.2-0 (16 Jul 2014)
- New dependency on R Package downscaleR with inherited features such as:
- Plotting mean fields
- Fast Multi-member Interpolation/re-gridding capabilities
- Many more coming in the next major downscaleR release (bias correction, perfect-prog downscaling methods...)
- On screen messages from the HTTP Java authenticator have been suppressed: Only the strictly relevant information is now displayed
- Automatically checks and warns the user about new available versions on attach
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements
- version 2.1-1 (11 Jul 2014)
- Bug fix accessing surface air temperature and derived variables in System4 with mean daily temporal aggregation (thanks to M.D. Frķas for pointing to the error)
- version 2.1-0 (8 Jul 2014)
- New extended list of available variables
- NCEP reanalysis included in available datasets
- On-the-fly computation of derived variables
- Support for variables with vertical levels and static (e.g. geopotential surface zs)
- New dependency on downscaleR.java R package containing Java dependencies
- version 2.0-0 (16-jun-2014).
- New input/output format
- Access to a extended list of surface variables
- New observational gridded dataset WFDEI
- On-the-fly time filtering/aggregation capabilities
- version 1.0-0 (17-feb-2014). Access to a limited list of surface variables for System4 and CFSv2 datasets.
The development version is available at the 'master' branch of the ??gitHub repository, but please note that the development version is unstable and may not be functional